Lessons from Football
So I am reading this book by Tony Morgan called Killing Cockroaches. The book is a collection of blog posts that Tony has done over the years. As I was reading through this week, my eyes were drawn to his blog post entitled "Leadership Lessons I learned from Football". Here are the five things he thought about after going to a Clemson Tiger Football game in Death Valley which is the nickname for their home field.
1. If thousands of people make some noise, it can get pretty loud.
2. People will do some crazy things to worship something they love.
3. When you really believe in something, you'll take a stand.
4. People will put their money where there heart is.
5. When the cause is big enough, people will give their time.
It got me thinking do we ever get excited for God or worship as we do for our favorite professional or college teams? Why or Why not? What would a church look like if it was really loud? Or what if we had face painting before or after service? Sounds crazy? I think Tony brings up a good point, how do we get excited about God and how do we show it? What do you think? What could you do to show how excited you are about your faith?
Leave a Reply.
Pastor Paul. I hope you find these reflections insightful and help you in your faith journey!